Thursday, May 1, 2008

Where are you Summer?

Where are you summer?

How can I find you ?

Why won't you come our way?

Where is the sunshine

you used to bring me?

Why can't I see flowers bloom?


My world is greying

I've need of rearranging

That means changing of seasons too - oo


Where are you summer?

I am still waiting

My skin is cold and

very pale and I need

sun to see me through...


Ok, I give up on the trying to rewrite the lyrics to "Where are you Christmas". Because instead of writting this blog, I'd rather be outside digging in my garden, planting the vegtables I bought at Glover Nursery the other day that are hiding from the frost in my garage. Now, if this was the begining of April I would be a little more ok with the fact that everything is dead from last nights frost, but being that it is May 1st I am soo not ok that there is snow on the ground! (By the way Happy Birthday Dad, I hope you wanted snow for your birthday. Although I know you'd rather be fishing on the 'berry so I doubt you ordered snow.) Too bad I'm not more like Polly Anna and then I could find the good in this and go out on the lawn and make one last snow angel for the year. I never did like that Polly Anna!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the snow ruins any chance of us finding our inner Pollyanna. Not at this house.

Amy Peterson said...

You always have the option of moving to Arizona with me! Yea, I didn't make a snow angel either- we should have taken a run to Kneaders (pastries always make you feel better). I am really lovin the whole lyrics thing, you should start writing songs!