Thursday, May 22, 2008

Is it time?

Is it time for a new post? I guess by the infrequent posts you all can guess how consistantly I write in my journal too. Well, I think that our April showers are falling in May, which means my May flowers should be lovely by June? And since we're running a month behind schedule I expect a nice long fall too! So, the kids are off track and we have a list as long as my arm that they want to do before they go back to school in 2 1/2 weeks. As I read through it after its completion I realized its all about time. They want to do things like picnic (everywhere, at our park, at the park by dad's office, in the yard...) -you can never go wrong with a picnic. They also wanted to just play some family baseball, and go on a bike ride together. We have already been on one picnic this week, which consisted of a fabulous lunch from McDonald's, and a slightly soggy shady spot under a tree next to the playground equipment. After we ate I watched them play for a while, then I joined in the fun -which only lasted another 20 minutes before someone had to go potty, and with no unlocked potties in sight we had to call it a day. As we packed up and headed to the car all 3 of them were raving about how much fun we had, that this day topped their list of best days ever, and all I did was play "monster of the playground" for 20 minutes. So, yes it is time. Its all about time, how we use it, what is really worth our time, and who we choose to spend our time with. So, what time is it for you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I like doing things like "monster at the playground." You have always been a way better mom. I need to work on that.

Amy Peterson said...

You are such a great mom! Sometimes we do forget what is most important!