Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meet Ruby


Some of you have already met Ruby (my bike), but for the rest of you here is a pic of my favorite new girl! Ruby and I have become "BBF's" (ha ha) and I have really enjoyed spending time with her. Oh, and all my friends that ride too! I just wish that the weather would cooperate a little more, so I don't have to mope around the house when I can't get out for a ride. Today I took Ruby from my house up to the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon, then along Wasatch, (where I got schooled by an old man rider), then down 126th to 27th w. then down 98th so. home. It felt sooo good. I think I have found that thing I am passionate about. Biking doesn't seem to bother my legs the way running does, although I'm going to have to give into the fact that I need to do a little cross training. So to all of you out there who are considering a bike, I highly recommend it. Until next time, don't forget to "Ride like a girl!" And to those of you who have one, Lets go! By the way, it has come to my attention that I have lots of anonymous readers, feel free to say "hi" in my comments...;)

3 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

It was so nice to meet Ruby! I am glad you found something that you love to do. I am deathly afraid of bikes, it comes from a incident when I was about 12. Long story!! It ended up with me and the concrete pathway saying hello! =)

Nick, Jess and Bridger said...

You go girl, that's awesome. I'm so happy that you have found something that works with your legs and everything else. We need to get together, maybe a BBQ or something.

Unknown said...

Seriously...I wish I could be brave like you. I had an accident when I was 9 or 10 (maybe like your friend Amy) that ended with my face and some asphalt. I also had the LAMEST accident ever - but scary and I had a concussion - when I was riding to BYU one day. So...ride on! I won't be coming.