Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Soo yummy!





For Mother's Day I requested a wheat grinder. So I am the proud new owner of a Nutrimill grinder, that can pretty much grind anything you can think of. Its way cool, if you don't have one, I highly suggest getting one. There is a woman in my neighborhood (Tami Girsberger, some of my readers will know her) who was first of all, instrumental in me getting a wheat grinder, and she has also written a cookbook, "The Essential Food Storage Cookbook". It's not your mothers food storage cookbook, I recommend it. One of my favorite recipes is Yogurt Pancakes. Up until the wheat grinder I have just used white flour in this recipe (which is delicious), but just recently tried it with my freshly ground wheat flour. It's to die for... So everyone give it a try, then let me know what you think. (I suggest doubling the batch, then freezing the left overs for a quick microwavable breakfast later on.)


Orange Yogurt Pancakes
2 eggs
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. white flour
1c. whole wheat flour(I opted for 2c. wheat, no white)
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/3 c. oil
1t. vanilla
1 c. orange juice
1c. vanilla yogurt
Mix wet, and dry ingredients separately, then combine until well blended. Cook on preheated griddle at 350. These pancakes will be very moist, and will be a little difficult to flip, but enjoy. Definately on my list of favs!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you have Greg give Kenyon a little chat about gifts...I have an ancient wheat grinder but that one sounds great - and so do the pancakes. Will Gage eat them?

Amy Peterson said...

Sounds yummy, we will have to swap more whole wheat recipes! I have a great cookie recipe, oh I'll just post it. So I'll be looking forward to some nice homemade bread from the White's. ;)

Janna said...

I am an anonymous reader...I found your blog from Annie's. I am her friend and neighbor. I have a whispermill that my husband gave me and I know that I don't use it enough, because he is always asking me about it. So thanks for the recipe, we love pancakes and now I can use my wheat grinder and surprise him!