Sunday, May 11, 2008

This family Tri's hard!!!



We had such a great time in St. George last week. Although it rained cats and dogs, buckets, down poured on us all the way down on Wednesday night. But, the weather was perfect for swimming and playing on Thursday and Friday. However, Saturday morning the wind storms came just in time for the triathlon. They were soo bad that after the olympic heat started in the water, and they had to pull a whole group out of the lake due to the severity of the current, they cancelled the swim portion of the race for the sprinters. (phew! I was soo nervous to watch those guys try to swim against the waves.) So, Greg only had to bike and run this year. I say only, it was still a killer trying to bike and run with extreme wind conditions (you can see by my fabulous hair!) Thank goodness everyone we went with went home in one piece, there were lots of crashes and accidents this year! Yikes! I had some extreme fun of my own while we were there. I took my bike, and met up with some friends for an especially early morning 30 mile ride. Lets just call it the death march. We started at 5 a.m. because one girl had to be back home by 6:30. It was completely dark, which wasn't too bad until the leader of the pack (no names to protect the guilty) led us on a wild ride down dark side streets, only two from our group had lights, and I wasn't one of them. Needless to say, dark unfamiliar streets, on a road bike left me praying for the light of day. I love the light. I have never been soo glad to see a sunrise in my life. After the sun came up the rest of the ride was awesome. Can I just say that I love my bike! (only in well lit places though!)

4 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

It sounds like such a fun time! I am really loving Greg's sexy white arms in the picture:-) Way to go on your 30 miles in the dark, don't you wish miles where like credit card points double the miles! I really love your hair cut too, I think it is super cute!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a good time. You amaze me that you are able to ride 30 miles in the dark!! Hope you had a great mothers day!!

Koch Family Blog said...

Dark Shmark bring on 150 miles and Ride Like a Girl.

Greg rocks, I want to be just like him when I grow up!

Great picture wish we where right beside you.

Cute Blog!

Amy Peterson said...

do I get to leave another comment? Oh I will anyway! I love the update with the quotes from everyone, and I really dig the music!