Sunday, April 27, 2008

My personal chef

At 7 a.m. this morning I hear dishes banging, and the pilot light on the stove. Greg and I are both still in bed (lazy, I know), (I had the stomach flu, Greg is lazy). I alert Greg who yells downstairs for whoever that is to stop cooking. At which time a startled little voice gives an "okay." A minute later a wobbly tray makes its way up to my side of the bed with four crepes (almost as thick as regular pancakes), a glass of ice water, an entire jar of peaches, and the shaker of powdered sugar. Gage, the proud chef announces that he has been up since 6:20 making breakfast for us! Actually, they weren't half bad. A little thick for my liking, but browned to perfection, and he cleaned up his mess as he worked! I was pretty impressed. Gage has a pretty mature pallet for an 8 year old. One of his favorite snacks is a plate of (get ready for this) steamed spinach with a dash of salt and pepper. He won't however touch most kid friendly foods, such as grilled cheese. or even eat your average kids meals at McDonalds or Wendy's anymore. Where did this kid come from? I think I am going to enroll him in some culinary classes. Who knows, I may have the next Food Network star on my hands!

1 comment:

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Sunni,
first of all I didn't know that you had the flu. I am so sorry that is terrible. That is the sweetest thing that Gage made you breakfast. And crepes too that is impressive!! How great that he likes healthy foods. Oh by the way that website is pyxam