Saturday, June 28, 2008

What a ride!

Wow, it has been a long time since my last blog. Life is crazy busy, isn't it? Sooo, today was my big Bike MS ride. It was a huge event. I actually got a little teary eyed when I first walked into the "MS village" (hit a little close to home for me). There were lots of sponsor tents, and team tents set up everywhere, and soo many people. I met a few people, and heard some stories about their family members living with MS. It was incredible to me how many people gave up their weekend to volunteer. So the ride, this morning Greg and I, along with a group of our friends left just after 7 a.m. . It couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was awesome, and the company was even better. We rode north through Logan, up into Idaho, then back into Logan. The scenery was amazing, tons of beautiful farming communities and little towns dotting the ride every so often. After lunch (at 10:30 a.m.) the ride immediately started into some rolling hills. Between those, and lunch sitting in my stomach it got a little hard for about 5 miles, then I found my rhythm and felt a lot better. About 10 miles from the finish we hit the last rest stop and I thought I was good to go, but that last 10 miles proved to be a lot harder than I thought and by the time we hit the finish line at 12:30 I was sure glad we decided on 75 miles, instead of 100. Next year though I will be ready to conquer the century ride! So I invite all those who haven't yet joined me on the bike to come and "ride like a girl!" (Annie? Amy? Put the past behind you and put your behind on a seat!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll see if I can't work up to that! Way to go!

Amy Peterson said...

Wow! Superwoman SUNNI! I was so happy to see that you and your behind made it through the race. You are inspiring! Let's make a deal I'll trade next years MS bike race for a triathlon sometime. Do we have a deal?