Saturday, June 7, 2008

What am I, 70?


So I go to the opthalmologist on Thursday. He tells me I have a cataract in my left eye, and one that is starting in my right eye. Says I need surgery probably in 3 months. What am I, 70? All I can picture is an old witch I saw on a horror film once with horribly clouded eyes and frizzy gray hair. The doctor wants to know if I have a family history. Well, yeah, but my grandparents are 80, not 32! So this brings me to my next dilhemma, do I keep that dental appointment that I made? I don't think I could handle the dentist telling me its time to think about dentures. I might just buy myself a jazzy electric chair and move to my Florida retirement home if that happens. (However, I will refuse to eat dinner at 4p.m.)



3 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Oh Sunni, I am so sorry! You are one hot mama for 70;) Do we really have to be old to move to Florida, cause that sounds great compared to putting on our winter coats in June!

Unknown said...

That is killin' me. How in the heck do you have a cataract. That is really lame but at least they can do something, right?

Sunni said...

Yes, they will pop both of my eyes out of the sockets and put some of Aspen's doll eyes in. I hope I get the kind with the eyelids that open and shut, you know the ones with the really long plastic eye lashes?! (Don't be jealous)