Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good Times

Wow, this blog is starting to look like my journal, the dates are getting farther and farther apart. I just got back from girls camp on Thursday. Can I just say that it was perfect?! Even the giant moths and bugs were, well no, those weren't ok. Before we left from the church on Monday, our Stake President gave the prayer and pronounced a blessing over our camp, that definately brought the spirit right away. It was a stake young women's camp this year. Our ward had 31 girls attend, we had the most by almost double all the other wards, and our girls were all stellar! Not one fight, the older girls really took care of the younger girls, everyone participated in all the activities, I really felt so blessed to be there. The spirit was so strong, whether we were on the zip line, shooting the paintball guns, or in the middle of testimony meeting. It was a tangible feeling there, all around us. I just can't help but compare my own young women's experience with the one these girls are creating for themselves. I am so proud of them for their strength, and steadfastness in the gospel. Their testimonies are in place, solid, they know the scriptures and proudly embrace their love of the gospel. They are such examples to me. I know that Heavenly Father put me in this calling so that I could learn and grow from these girls. At times, I almost feel selfish and wonder what it is I can give to them. It is definately a blessing in my life to be surrounded by these girls, my girls. I love them all and am blessed for knowing them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Girls Camp is so great. I am so grateful for my Girls Camp experiences. Someday I hope to go as a leader...but what a pain to arrange your kids every day. Sorry I couldn't be helpful.

Amy Peterson said...

Hey from Glendale! I am so sad that I wasn't there this year! I heard that everything was just perfect, and wonderful! THe young women in our ward as so lucky to have you.

allison wright said...

sunni, you are just what i needed. i am the stake girls camp assistant and really needed the pick me up (we go the end of the month). i loved my camps but didn't know the work that goes into it :) i am glad you are doing so well.