Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kicked the Bucket

Our "Bucket List" for off track was mostly completed, and school started Monday. We are back on track for 3 more weeks of torture. I am having a hard time sending the kids to school. Its hard for me to argue the pro school point of view when Gage is debating with me why he shouldn't have to go for the next 3 weeks. Its June, let the poor kids out! While we were off track we hooked up with our awesome neighbor, Morgan who is always willing to let us enjoy a little "citified" cowboy experience. You know the three outlaws, and that is Patches being very patient with them. Greg and I also got a turn riding too, but I thought I would spare you the rodeo queen pics...



Here are the pros on the next mini golf tour... Boondocks was also on the bucket list, and it worked out really well because I had to go with PTA for the 6th grade graduation party anyway, so we snuck a couple of "extra small 6th graders" in. We have been to Boondocks a number of times, but usually only hit the arcades, and or laser tag. It always seems to be bad weather when we go, so this was the first time we have done any outside stuff. Boondocks also hosted my most embarrasing moment of the week. We were next in line for the little go carts, as we walked through the gate the kids were fighting over the "blue car" so I didn't pay any attention to the fact that you cannot be taller than 60 inches to ride. I get the kids situated, then try to climb in one myself, which of course I am waaaay to tall for. As I realize that I am making a total fool out of myself the boondocks worker tells me that I can't ride. At which point they have to shut the ride down, call the fire department, and get a big vat of crisco to pry me out of the stupid car. O.K., that last part didn't happen, but it might as well have, I was totally embarrased. I will be double checking the height requirements from now on.


We also, did a little swimming. I have never taken my kids to South Jordan Rec Center to swim before. It was a rainy day, and swimming was on the list, so we opted for an inside pool. How fun! They have a great pool at the Rec Center, one which I plan to take more advantage of. We usually go to Life Time Fitnesses pool, but their pool stinks in comparison. Definately the place for rainy day swimming. We were also lucky enough to find a bunch of blow up beach balls, and rubber duckies with graduation caps left over from the graduation party the night before. It doesn't get any better than blowing up a beach ball that who-knows-who blew up before you did. Now that is a mother's love.



A gaggle of kids, or geese? There were new babies all over the farm!

The kids also got to spend a day with some good friends, the Porters. The kids are all the exact same ages, and more than once I got asked if they were all my kids. Can you imagine 3 sets of twins? They are fun, but I can't imagine raising doubles x3, at 2 years apart. (I am not a super mom). I need to talk to Annie, because I think we both have houses full of city slickers. Noone enjoyed the pugent aroma of the hen house, or the pig pen. I personally think its a great way to clear the sinuses.


And last but not least, Trace is "off track" for the summer. Preschool ended last Friday. It was circus day. Each class got to perform a little "stunt" for the other classrooms. Trace, David and Stockton's class got to do the "limbo" under a flaming stick. Amazing I tell you. The kids got to dress up, and have circus cookies for snack time. I can't believe how time flies. Wasn't it just last week when preschool started? I only have one more year of preschool, then we will all be elementarified at our house. (Does that mean I'm getting old too?) (Don't answer that.)

2 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Wait a minute, you might want to check again cause I think you might be super mom! Oh so that's were the fire truck was going is such a hurry;) I was also really impressed with the fire limbo- I am sure glad no one got burned. David misses school already, we will have to get the boys together to play!

Unknown said...

Seriously - you are such a good mom. I should be doing so much more with the kids. Your kids will have such fun, happy memories. And of course, I love those pictures with my kids. Looks like lots of fun. Thanks for helping me out.