Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Trace!!

So I am officially an old lady now. My baby is 5 years old! I keep telling Trace that I am going to squish him back into a little baby ball, but he is not having that. I have even tried to guilt him into staying home from kindergarten next year so I won't be alone, but he says I have Jilly Boo (great I'm old, and a crazy cat lady). I guess at least he still talks with his little lisp. "Mom, I'm wiwee big now." I just love that . And I still slather him with pink baby lotion. I have him convinced that he has an allergy to the "big people lotion". I know, he's going to be totally warped, but I don't care I'll take what I can get. Today at Challenger they highlighted him and sang Happy Birthday. Then he got to show pics of himself, the day he came home from the hospital (he told them it was taken when he was 2 yrs old) and pics of him playing baseball (he told them he hits home runs). Then the teacher asked his favorite color (blue, of course) and about his favorite animal (dogs -at which point he shot me a dirty look because we only have a cat and stuffed animal dogs at our house). Then the teacher asked about his favorite food, I was expecting dinosaur nuggets, or candy but he said "mesican food". Who knew?!

Trace helped me pick out his bday presents this year. So he has been carrying them around the house in their boxes for two weeks telling me that he isn't looking at them and that he is trying to forget about them like he promised at the store. The problem with transformers is that even though I purchased the ones that said 5+ I didn't read the fine print that it is not humanly possible to transform them back into anything recognizable after your 5+ child has played with it. Its like the Rubiks cube all over again. Anyway Tracey, we love you and are so glad that you are part of our family. There will never be a dull moment with Trace in the house, and I'm looking forward to the many many sporting events I will sit through (even the ones in the dead of winter) as your #1 fan. Happy 5th big boy birthday, I love you butter!

4 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Happy Birthday Trace! Holy Cow 5 years old! David sent you a special "present" in the mail you should get it soon! We love you, you are so so BIG!

Tisha and Mark said...

Happy Birthday Tracer!
Ok- so the there are a FEW people that know the name but they don't know they know...meaning they have guessed it but we aren't telling them that they have guessed appropriately ;) My appt. is on Thursday so you guys will all know soon enough how long until you know her name :)

allison wright said...

He made it to 5, YIPEE. He is always a good boy around me but Terrie always has funny stories of the mischief he is getting into. What a handsome little guy. Hope he had a great day!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday to Trace. He is such a cute boy! We all love him and we are so glad that him and Stocky are such good buddies!!