Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chicago

So I just got back from Chicago, the "windy city". Do you know why its called the windy city? Nope, nothing to do with the wind, it actually has to do with politics and all the "hot air" from the politicians. I can't talk much on the subject of politics though because I only know enough to know that I'm voting for some obscure independent party. What with all the commercials and such I'll be glad to see Nov. 4th come and go. (Mostly cause my bday is the 16th, so who cares about the 4th.) Back to Chicago, Greg had a business trip so I tagged along on. I was the true blue tourist, I sported the Seinfeld look with my white tennis shoes and jeans (I'm hot) and my camera, and the dazed look of trying to figure out my north, east, south and west directions. I saw many interesting things on my trip, and most of them weren't in the 3 museums I visited. And if I were a better photographer, who actually used my camera instead of just letting it hang around my neck I would've had some great pics to add to this blog. I missed pics of the contourtionist man in the skin tight leopard print full body leotard stuck in 2 tennis raquets, and the man frozen on a box, everything painted copper from head to toe, and the sea of women in our hotel lobby meeting for their red hat society convention (purple and red truly are the new black). I did however get a pic through the bus window of an elderly couple with great style. The man had on bright blue shoes I mean bright blue and blue socks, with grey slacks and a pale yellow cowboy shirt complete with bolo tye, and his wife had a black and white outfit on accented with the biggest red flower I have ever witnessed on a lapel. I hesitate to put their pic on my blog because 1. I took it through the window of a city bus, so the quality is lacking, and 2. it might be your grandparents and I don't want to have to pay them royalties for using their photo. It was a great trip, Chicago is a beautiful city. If you haven't had the chance to go, you should.



Make sure to stop at Gino's for some deep dish pizza with cornmeal crust. (Thanks Mich for that reccommendation), just make sure to get in line at 4 o'clock so you can eat by 7. And you will be pleasantly surprized at how NICE Chicagoans are. I was really impressed and have made a promise to myself to be more friendly to everyone I run into. I feel like we are a little snotty around these parts-probably not on purpose (and of course I don't mean you), but I think we all get a little busy and forget to smile and we could maybe exchange a few more pleasantries, or let someone merge in front of us on I15. (Yes everything in my closet is either green or white, and yes Greg and I planned to look like Christmas -who doesn't like the holidays?)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to visit Chicago. How fun to get away. You guys look great.

Unknown said...

Oh - I was going to say that I am due on Nov 6th so I can't wait for Nov 4th to pass too...

Audy & Ash said...

I loved chicago too when i went, it is such an amazing city, and huge!! SO now that you are back do you think you could make the time to come over and see your niece and nephew... they are dying for Aunt Sunni to come over and love on them. They are getting really big you won't even recognize them!! I am glad you had a fun trip, personally i love you in green!

Amy Peterson said...

I love Chicago! Gino's is a must, but next time you have to try their pistachio cannoli! Talk about Yummy! I'm glad that you had a great time and had some time with your hubby.

allison wright said...

I love the first picture of you and naturally the christmas card photo. I am so glad you got to go. My mom loves Chicago, one of her favorite cities she said. I have only seen it from the O'Hare runway. We would sure love to see you and your family!

Tisha and Mark said...

I wish we could go back east...Chicago counts as East right? :) So "The Office" was hilarious..they have a weight loss competition with the other offices....Dwight tells Phyllis they are going on a sales call and she gets 40% of the commission and then drops her off 5 miles from the office so she has to walk back. Clever Dwwight :) Hope things are well. Miss you guys!