Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Based on a True Story

So I've just started this book called "The Marvelous Journey Home" by John M. Simmons (thanks for sharing mom). Its about adoptions from Russian orphanages. I'm only a couple of chapters into it, but so far I haven't read many pages without eyes full of tears. I just can't imagine what kind of life those children live. I'm sure the providers do the best they can with what they have, but it breaks my heart to think of any child not being loved and cared for by his or her own family. I feel so blessed to live in the U.S., I'm thankful for our oppertunties, and hopefully I don't take all the abundance that I enjoy for granted. I will have to let you know what I think of the end of this book, but until then make sure you hug your kids and tuck them in tight tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I met the author of this book at Costco one day, so I bought the book. But, it has been sitting on my shelf. I need to get to that!!

Amy Peterson said...

I really can't handle CRY books! I don't know why?

Audy & Ash said...

Sunni
What a small world..Did you know that guys lives in Kamas (a small little town where really cool dudes are from) and I am selling his brothers house, the same house that author lived in while he built his own Castle in the Kamas valley. fun stuff
ps (to greg) I would llove if ash would handlle the blog, but she refuses to, so I am the lucky one, i get football and the blog...However ash will watch the UFC with me from time to time