Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swiss Daze


Who doesn't love Swiss Days in Midway Utah? Michelle, my squeeky shoe girlfriend (shamelss plug for "The Squeeky Shoe") shared a booth with the "Bows and Bobbies" girls. Michelle invited me up to stay at her family cabin and hang out with her on Saturday to get my fix of the mass humanity. I felt like Templeton the Rat from Charlotte's Web. I glutted my way through a "Swiss (navajo) Taco", cookies made with love from the dedicated R.S. booth, warm cinnamon sugar almonds, and half a box of whoppers that I ate all by myself on the way there. Oh, and lets not forget the taco salad from Don Julio's fine mexican eatery late, late Friday night. (That was a seriously bad choice!) Its no wonder I couldn't fit into my Sunday best today. (burp!) So, it was a great weekend in the world of boutiques, shopping and good friends. I think I might work on some hand woven handicrafts of my own so I can get a piece of the excitement, and maybe a little more carnie food...

3 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

ohhh I totally hate that I missed Swiss Days! I even had a free ticket home to go. You know it's our annual Worthington Sister meeting!

Unknown said...

I have never been and always wanted to go. Somehow it always comes and goes before I even know it. Next year - remind me.

Audy & Ash said...

I'm so glad you had a navaJOE taco and cinnamon almonds for me. Next year Sophie and I'll be there for sure. We'll leave the boys home to watch football