Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Holes in our head

Written in sharpie on the outside of a ziplock sandwich baggie, with a microscopic front tooth inside...



Dear Tooth Fairy,

Please do not take this object.

Love,
Aspen



After reasoning with me that she has already given the tooth fairy 2 of her teeth, which justifies her getting the cash, and keeping the tooth Aspen stashed the pearly treasure in the baggie under her pillow and said to me, "Mom, please tell the toothfairy to leave me a dollar. No wait, tell the toothfairy to leave me a credit card."


As much as I love my neighborhood and the life style we enjoy I will be putting our house on the market today. We are moving to a one room shack with a leaky roof, and a dirt floor. Each of my children will have two sets of clothes. They will wear 1 set for 3 days, then swap out for the clean set. At which time they will use whatever rain water we've collected to swish out the dirty set. And now that Aspen is officially in 1st grade she is old enough to get a job, and instead of the dance lessons she plans to attend after school she will be walking the streets collecting old soda cans to recycle. I feel like this is the only chance I have to save my children.

3 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Oh Sunni PERFECT did you see our house is for sale?!?

Audy & Ash said...

Oh boy do you have your hands full with that little girl!!! Did you tell her that she doesn't get anything if the tooth fairy can't keep her tooth.... That is why she is the tooth fairy she collects teeth!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Sunni, that is hilarious. I can't believe that she knows what a credit card is. You have one smart little girl on your hands. She is so cute!!