Thursday, July 17, 2008

Introducing...

Everyone, meet Jilly Boo and her ecstatic new owner, Aspen White! Jilly Boo joined our family a week and a half ago, and has been the main attraction ever since. She is a little siamese mix that was rescued and brought to our cousin's vet clinic only hours after being born. (Side note, Jilly Boo shares the same date of birth as our Aunt Ashes, May 5th. Next May 5th we will be celebrating BIG TIME, cat nip, yarn balls, the works!) If you have ever read Skippy Jon Jones you will know that Skippy is a naughty little siamese cat, whose ears are too big for his head, and his head is too big for his body, and he is just sure that his is in fact NOT a siamese cat, but a chiuaua, and gets himself into lots of trouble. Skippy Jon Jones has 3 little kitty sisters named, Jezebel, Ju Ju bee, and you got it, Jilly Boo. I am quite convinced that our little Jilly Boo is in deed Skippy's little sister, because her ears are too big for her head, and she zips around the house at lightening speeds, just like Skippy does in his stories. If you haven't read Skippy Jon Jones, its a must read, and definately one that you will want to add to your children's library.

In this picture Jilly Boo looks as though she might be wet, but no. No she is not wet, she is covered in baby lotion, that has been gently and lovingly massaged into her fur by her new nemisis, Trace White. You see, Trace loves her almost to the point of death, and I'm afraid that if I'm not careful we might have "Of Mice and Men" on our hands. I must say that kittens are more durable than you might think, and that so far she has been a good little kitty girl. Greg is even tolerating misses kitten britches pretty well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Skippy Jon Jones is my all time favorite story to read to the kids. Love love. Great post! You are a good mom - my kids will never be so lucky.

Amy Peterson said...

Super cute back ground! I love that Trace put baby lotion on the kitty! HE HE I can laugh here because he can't hear me! Oh, that is classic. She is a beautiful kitty, and Aspen must just be so excited, now I can't say that I see Greg reacting the same way! Oh, by the way are you still alive over there? I really haven't see you in like 2 weeks! We need to play before I'm off the AZ.

allison wright said...

sunni, lucky kids you have there. aspen looks like one cute proud owner. i am excited to see you tomorrow!