Monday, July 28, 2008

Every little thing he does is magic!

Scroll all the way to the bottom before you read my post and choose one the the Police songs to click on while you read!
Soo, I went to the Police Concert on July 19th. It was the best concert I've been to in a long time. Greg the "fun sucker" decided that he wanted nothing to do with the concert or the crowds, so I took my mom who was totally into the concert, and loved it. Elvis Costello opened, I had heard of him, but was unfamiliar with his music. He did a great job, and half way through his performance Sting came out and sang one of his songs with him. Of course the crowd went wild, and then Sting went backstage til Elvis finished his set. Then The Police, Sting (vocal and guitare), Andy Summers (guitare) and Stewart Copeland (drums) came out and played every police hit and gave 2 encores, I loved every minute of it and wanted it to go on for three days straight. Sting is very into yoga and has the body to prove it and still sings with that beautiful smooth voice we all know. Stewart Copeland the drummer put on a great show, he was super animated and looks just like my family practice dr - Dr. Jack Taylor, I think he might actually be the good Doc himself, the resemblance was amazing. He had some really cool equipment he was drumming on through out the show, and is definately the clown of the three members. I bought the tickets the morning they went on sale, back in April I believe, and have been anticipating the date ever since. The concert didn't disappoint, thats for sure, I'm only sad because it didn't last long enough, I would seriously consider becoming a groupie for the rest of the tour which ends in August, anyone interested?

5 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Ohhh I love Sting! i think he is amazing, and pretty cute for an old guy! I am so glad that you and your mom had a blast!

Janna said...

You don't know me, I am Annie's friend and neighbor. But I saw your posting on her blog and had to check it out. I am a die hard Sting fan also. I saw the show in Vegas and was so excited when I heard he was coming here. It was just as good! I am willing to be a groupie with you!!!

tristaprince said...

How fun!! I love going to concerts!! We need to get together. We miss you guys!! Love the new pics of your cute kitten!!

shoegirl said...

I should have been there with you screaming my can off too! Where to next?

Sunni said...

Who are you Shoegirl?