Saturday, October 18, 2008

The perfect day

So I love fall, and I would love for it to last right up until Christmas Eve, when the snow should start and snow everybody in for Christmas day. I'm just hoping that fall will hold out for a while longer. It always seems that around these parts you blink and fall (spring happens this way too) is gone. Yesterday we decided to take advantage of the perfect weather, and head to Tracey Aviary (the perfect price--free for UEA) and soak it in. We saw the keepers feeding the pelicans, a bird show and the 50 year old condor that is the size of a small car. We had Abby Koch with us, she was the tour guide with map in hand the entire time (I'll take her anytime Michelle, what a good girl) however, Trace felt a little dethroned (I'm sure you can't tell by the pic) having to share his "I'm the youngest" attention with another cutie. (Ruffled his feathers a bit--no pun intended!) It's good for him to share, and not so good for me to see how spooooiled he is! (yikes) So enjoy the fall, carve some pumpkins and if you have any power over the weather, grant me one wish...warm sunny weather through the middle of November for my birthday.

4 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Back from the dead I see! ; ) Hey, I don't know what to tell you, because the fall is way way too short in Utah! I am lovin the fall (under 100) like weather, you might have to come to AZ for some birthday sunshine- that's all we get!

Koch Family Blog said...

Hey one of these things is not like the other! Thanks for taking her all day, tell Trace thanks too!

Tisha and Mark said...

Hey! I miss the fall- I buy pumpkins to put on my porch but you can't carve them until the day of Halloween or they will rot because it is so warm...we learned the hard way last year when one turned to goo....Mimi Wendy is having a great time :) We might be coming up for Christmas (depending on whether Mark has a job or not) but we will keep you posted. Maybe you should make a trip down ;) Miss and love ya!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I will grant you your wish and pray that it comes true!! I would love to keep the weather nice as long as possible!